Artificial Triple-stem Phalaenopsis Orchid Arrangement Lavender
"Offering the Finest in Silk Botanicals"
* Estimated shipping rate for US 48 states. Final rate calculated at checkout.
|Average Customer Review: ( 184 customer reviews )
Write an online review and share your thoughts with other customers.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
49 of 51 found the following review helpful:
A Great Deal for the Price Aug 19, 2012
Normally I don't review products, but I felt compelled to write a detailed review because my impression of the product is slightly different from other reviewers. I also want to mention that I'm extremely picky about artificial plants in general.
1) Excellent service. I ordered on Tuesday night and received the product by noon on Saturday. As others have mentioned, the product was well packed and came in a 3-foot box.
2) The black vase is simple and lovely.
3) The leaves looked better than expected, with less yellow highlights than pictured in the product images which gives it a more natural look. They also have wiring underneath so you can gently bend them to get the position that you want.
4) The type of fabric used for the flower petals is nice, with a kind of dull sheen that resembles real orchid petals.
5) The size of blossoms were bigger than expected, with the largest measuring about 4.25"x 3.5".
6) From a distance of 1.5 meters or farther, the lavender orchid arrangement does look real.
1) From a distance of less than 1.5 meters, the orchid arrangement does NOT look real.
2) At a close distance, glue is visible in many areas: the underside of the petals, where the petals connect to the pouch/lip, where the column connects to the lip, and where the blossom connects to the stem. At times, the glue is stringy, thick, and rather gloopy. Although I understand that clear glue is needed to structure the petals and lip, I think more care could have been taken when applying the glue and removing any excess.
3) The dark spots/freckles on the petals sometimes does not look realistic even from a distance.
4) Many of the petals had tiny loose threads (presumably resulting from the cutting of the fabric into petal shapes).
5) The buds and stems at close range look artificial due to the coloring and the plastic lining that emanates from the structures.
The good news is that I was able to fix some of the problems by trimming the loose thread with scissors (being mindful to follow the contours of the petal), gently removing/cutting excess glue, and carefully rotating some of the blossoms at the point where they connect to the stem so that the gluey underside is less visible.
Bottom line: If you want an orchid arrangement that is pretty nice and are on a budget, you should definitely buy this. For the comparatively low price of $40, this is a great deal! Be weary of similar products that are $10-30 more, but are not as natural-looking.
However, if you want a superior artificial orchid arrangement that looks real close up and without any visible glue, they tend to be in the $100-200 range. I have seen some excellent arrangements, but can't afford them as I'm currently a student.
22 of 23 found the following review helpful:
Beautiful orchids Aug 10, 2010
I have recently purchased this and other colored orchids, they are very "life like" and fit almost anywhere in the house. I highly recommend this company for their prompt service, strong packaging and beautiful faux flowers.
13 of 13 found the following review helpful:
Amazing! May 26, 2011
By Cheri Linehan
I bought this for my office. People have asked me how I manage to keep my orchids alive and in such good health. When I tell them it is not real they are shocked. I love this it and plan to buy two more as gifts. The quality is amazing and well worth the price!
10 of 10 found the following review helpful:
One of our favorite purchases!!! Feb 08, 2012
If I could give this 6 stars, I would! We were so impressed with the shipping speed, packaging and the product itself. We have other fake Orchids and this one fools everyone. It not only looks real, it feels real too. I don't know how they did it but whatever material they used, it just feels real. Also, when the sun hits it, it has this great hue. We order another in a different color we loved it so much. Also, it's large!
18 of 21 found the following review helpful:
PERFECTION Aug 11, 2011
By Bella Maksic
I am gazing in awe at the exquisite orchids I received last week, well AHEAD of the projected date. It is amazing how ALIVE they seem to be. They blend in perfect harmony with its surroundings. This was my 2nd purchase from HOUSE OF SILK FLOWERS. They did a spectacular job the 1st time, which is why I came back for the 2nd time, and will return once more.
I wholeheartedly recommend this enterprise to anyone who is seeking a top quality product and a company that delivers EXACTLY what it promises. WHAT you see on the screen during your search, you see WHEN you open your package.
From my 1st encounter, it became abundantly clear that it was a first-rate establishment; highly professional; impeccable service.
So here it is: 5-STAR-PLUS!!! BRAVO BRAVISSIMO!
See all 184 customer reviews on Amazon.com